Wanna know what it’s like to be a homesteader and start your own self-sustainable hobby farm? Do you want to try goat yoga?
Go behind the scenes at Yellow Point Farms to experience first hand what farm life on Vancouver Island is all about. The owners, Justin and Becca, will give you a brief history of the farm and their personal story on how they came to be living this lifestyle. They will personally guide you on an unforgettable excursion through all the amazing things that are happening on the farm on any given day.
Some of the highlights include:
- Petting and interacting with their friendly Nigerian dwarf goats and their babies,
- Viewing the babydoll sheep munching away in the pasture,
- Giving the pigs a belly scratch,
- Feeding the chickens and various other exotic poultry
- Learning about the all-natural growing methods for their produce,
- A tour of the huge old heritage barn
- Taste some of the harvests, whether it be their island famous blueberries, pure pressed apple juice, or fresh produce from their greenhouse.
They will be at Vancouver Island Market on Saturday and Sunday to share with you their story. Come by their booth and enter to win a Spring farm tour for 2 ($50 value) *INCLUDES baby goat snuggles* to be redeemed in April or May 2019!